Stretch lining refers to the inner layer of fabric inside clothing that provides a smooth finish to any garment. This fabric is often essential to prolong the life of your clothing, as it allows the garment to fit and move properly. Because it's usually the innermost layer of the garment and is closest to the body, this type of fabric typically feels soft and silky, has a four-way stretch, and is lightweight.
When deciding whether to add stretch lining to your garment, it depends on many factors. There are many benefits and uses of this fabric. It can be used to add the body to a piece of clothing, protect clothing from fraying, make clothing less see-through, and more. It is also used in many different garments - from swimwear, activewear, and dresses to skirts, dresses, and fashion apparel.
The characteristics of polyester fabric
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery ability, so it is durable, wrinkle-resistant, and non-ironing.
2. Polyester fabrics have poor hygroscopicity and feel stuffy when worn. At the same time, they are easy to be charged with static electricity and stained with dust, which affects their appearance and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength hardly decreases, does not deform, and has good washability and wearability.
3. Polyester is the most heat-resistant fabric among synthetic fabrics. It is thermoplastic and can be made into pleated skirts with long-lasting pleats. At the same time, polyester fabric has poor melting resistance, and it is easy to form holes when encountering soot and sparks. Therefore, try to avoid contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc. when wearing.
4. The light fastness of polyester fabric is better, except that it is worse than acrylic fiber, and its light fastness is better than natural fiber fabric. Especially behind glass, the light fastness is very good, almost on par with acrylic.
5. Polyester fabric has good resistance to various chemicals. Acids and alkalis have little damage to them, and at the same time, it is not afraid of mold and insects.